- Brentwood Water Treatment Plant
- Sunol Water Treatment Plant
- Novato Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion & Upgrades
- Oro Loma Water Pollution Control Plant
- SFPUC Southeast Plant Primary & Secondary Clarifier Replacement
- EBMUD Digester Upgrade – Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade – Phase 1
- Silicon Valley Clean Water, Cogeneration, Gas Treatment System and Hot Water Loop Upgrades
- Hayward Water Pollution Control Facility – Cogeneration Upgrade Project No. 7508
- SFPUC Digester Covers & Biosolids Cake Bins Construction
- Delta Water Supply Project
- Sunol Valley Water Treatment Plant Emergency Drought Reliability Improvements Project
As General Contractor, Monterey Mechanical self-performed 75% of the work for the SVCW cogeneration, gas treatment and hot water loop upgrades project.
The scope of work included:
- Installation, start-up and testing of two 633kW cogeneration engines, support equipment and appurtenances including pumps, heat exchangers, radiators, exhaust equipment, fuel trains, heat recovery components, and lube oil systems.
- A new gas conditioning system to remove hydrogen sulfide, siloxanes, and moisture from the digester gas.
- A new heating and heat distribution system, new primary loop pumps, secondary loop equipment for the boiler, cogeneration, and sludge secondary loops to make use of the heat generated from the combustion engines.
Challenges | Solutions
It was important that essential systems remain operational throughout construction. These included the new heating and heat distribution equipment, the sludge transfer pumping systems, and the existing recirculation pumps.
Monterey Mechanical developed detailed sequencing and contingency plans to prevent interruptions.